Before you send us material, please make sure that the items you want to donate are listed below. If an item is not on the list, we will not distribute it to displaced people in the region. Sorting and storing “unwanted” items costs us a lot of time and money, so please donate carefully.
Priority (out of stock):
- Trainers or walking shoes (40-43 EU / 9-12 UK)
- Tents (for 2 or 3 people) and tarpaulins
- Thick blankets
- Sleeping bags
- Men’s waterproof jackets or coats
- New boxers/shorts (S-M)
- Winter hats, gloves and scarves, snoods
- Jumpers, thin or thick, fleece
- Waterproof ponchos (including disposable ones)
- Thermal T-shirts and trousers
- Backpacks (under 40L), corduroy bags
- Disposable razors
- Shampoo and shower gel
- Lip balm
- Body lotion, moisturizer
- Wet wipes
- Disposable cups (for hot drinks)
- French Lyca SIM cards
- British <-> European plugs/adapters (to use British plugs in France)
- Trash bags
- Reusable bags
- Thick tape/scotch
- Permanent markers
- Functional and unlocked mobile phones
- Floor mats
- Backpacks (maximum 40 litres)
Check the needs-list of Refugee Community Kitchen.
/!\ NB – WE CAN NOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Damaged or soiled items
- ALL TYPES of clothing L and XL
- Suit shirts
- Safety shoes
- Rubber boots
- Suit or dress shoes
- Women’s and children’s clothing
- Ski suits or overalls
- Camouflage patterns, satanic symbols, religious symbols, sexual references, alcohol, drugs
- Highly shiny or fluorescent clothing
- Hand-knitted clothing (because it is too fragile)
- Small blankets (smaller than an adult)
For clothing: dark colours are preferable.
Blankets: must be large enough to cover an adult male, otherwise they cannot be distributed.
Women and children donations: We do not take any! We already have enough stock.
How to sort your donations:
For efficient sorting of your donations, please divide, pack and mark them according to the categories above. If you are making a large donation (more than 5 boxes or bags), an accurate inventory of your donations is essential. Thank you in advance!
This pre-sorting allows our volunteers to save a considerable amount of time and to distribute your donations to the exiles much more quickly. For more information about the sorting of donations or any other question, please contact us by email.
If you prefer to make a monetary donation, please go here.
You can also send us material donations with our ”Wishlist” Amazon.