Welcome to the Auberge des Migrants, Calais
Note: much like our operations in Calais, our website was made by british and french volunteers together, so don’t be surprised if our english sounds sometimes a little bit funny!
Since 2008, Auberge des Migrants has worked with refugees living in Calais, offering aid and support and defending their rights.
Today the association continues its work in Calais and also offers aid to a number of camps in the North of France. We work in close collaboration with our partners to provide daily meals and material aid to displaced persons.
Our warehouse in Calais welcomes between 30 and 70 volunteers every day. They help prepare meals and sort donations, before distribution in the camps or in the streets of Calais.
- Delivering food and material aid in the streets
- Static food distribution in the town centre
- Distribution of hot food at lunch
- Distribution of clothes and hygiene products
- Responding to urgent material needs
- Distribution of wood, food, and clothes
– Child protection
– Info CAO:
- Concrete support on the form of French lessons, integration support, donations to support needs, help for transport etc
- Acting as ‘watchdog’ to ensure that people’s rights are respected
Refugee Community Kitchen produces more than 1000 meals each day in the warehouse kitchen, fills the shelves at the free shops in the Grand Synthe camp, and distributes food at the camp and in Calais.